Scooter safety on campus
Story by: Sara Diedrich
As Safe Mizzou 2018 gets underway this week, the University of Missouri Police Department reminds riders of electric scooters that they must follow the same rules of the road as other motorized vehicles.
Here are a few reminders of how to ride safely and avoid injury:
- Be aware of your surroundings when riding on sidewalks and make room for other travelers.
- Wear a helmet.
- Obey stop signs, red lights and yield signs.
- Be prepared to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Pedestrians, not scooters, have the right of way at crosswalks and intersections.
- Park scooters in bike racks.